As a church community we want to encourage both individual and corporate prayer to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. The following is a pattern of corporate prayer for us as a church. All these times of corporate prayer are held in the church or centre unless indicated otherwise.
Prayer Pods at Trinity
Prayer Pods are a bit like prayer triplets and work in the following way:
- find 1, 2 or 3 other people (people you already know or maybe people in a similar situation to you in terms of work, family, etc)
- commit to meet once a month for one hour for one year (so 12 times)
- fix a regular time and find a place to meet (Guernsey House of Prayer, Room 5 at Trinity, your front room, etc)
- pray for one another and Trinity (from February a prayer pdf will be available monthly on our website with prayer points)
- it would be great if you could let us know you are meeting! Just email Jon - it's great to know people are meeting for prayer!
- maybe go out for a meal or coffee occasionally too
- at the end of the year ask the question 'Shall we carry on meeting like this?'
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8.35am to 8.50am - a short time of prayer when we gather to pray for the church community.
People from the prayer ministry team are available at 9.00am communion services and at all 10.40am and 6.30pm services to pray with those wanting prayer for particular circumstances or wishing to respond to what God has spoken to them about during the worship service.
Mothers Prayers A group of mothers of all ages meet once a month to pray for their children and grandchildren. We follow a set pattern of prayers and worship under the banner of the Mothers Prayers organisation. We meet on the first Thursday of the month between 12noon and 1pm upstairs in Trinity Centre. For more information please contact Sue Le Friec.
Prayer for the Persecuted Church is held on the first Sunday of every month at 2.30pm for approximately an hour, followed by tea and coffee at Chris and Pat Robinson's home t: 247937. Please contact them for more details.
Lydia Fellowship was started by ladies who wanted to make a difference in their community and nation so they met regularly to intercede for situations God put on their hearts. It is now a world-wide non-denominational fellowship and here in Guernsey the Lydia ladies meet fortnightly to pray for the islands, UK and the wider world. If you are interested in joining us please contact Tricia Pill or t: 265494. To find out more about Lydia Fellowship follow this link.
The Guernsey House of Prayer is located in the Fellowship Rooms at St Peter's Church and has been established as part of the 24/7 Prayer network to provide a safe and dedicated space for individuals and small groups to come aside and pray. The prayer room can be booked out for one person, for two people or for a group of people (most sessions are private but there will be open sessions where people can just turn up). To book a time slot in the prayer room please follow this link or contact Adrian.
‘For4’ meets every Tuesday between 2pm and 3pm at St Peters in the Guernsey House Of Prayer beneath the Rectory to pray for the new 4pm@St Peter's congregation. Please contact Derek and Jane Brown for more details t: 267162